Saturday, November 25, 2006

First design.

Okay, I know that a roll brimmed hat is not exactly a challenging project. However, I am proud of myself because this is the first time that I have had an image of what I wanted in my head and I created it in knitted form. And it WAS challenging for me. I really wanted the spiral on the top and couldn't find much about how to do it on the internet. When I finally did, I thought I had the numbers right but I was wrong and I had to mess with the math for a while to get it right. Lucky for me I had chosen a number of stitches somewhat randomly (I did swatch and measure my head but I didn't know how it would affect the decreases later) and it ended up working. Here's a flat photo and then a photo of the top. I tried the self-portrait thing but getting a nice shot of the back of my head was too much to ask.
The yarn is Berrocco Ultra Alpaca color #6205 which was the richest chocolaty brown I could find. The blue is left over from the border of my first sweater. I'm into brown with blue and brown with pink these days so next I'm going to do a brown hat with pink and white argyle. Oooh, more math!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Baby sweater for Theron.

This morning my nephew was born! I'd hoped to get this sweater there before he was born but I tried it on a one year old today and it fit fine so I am not in a hurry. These pictures are old. I am done with the knitting and just need to add the zipper in the back.Pattern: I googled "Zip up the back baby sweater" and found this free pattern. It's what my sister wanted. It's quick and fun. I would definitely do it again.
Yarn: Mexican Wave Acrylic. Yeah, it was a little squeeky to knit but I was so enthralled with the color changes that I didn't mind at all.
free hit counter
Free Hit Counter