Monday, April 10, 2006

Comfort knitting

For once I have been spending more time on knitting than blogging (or reading other people's blogs is more like it). I decided to toss aside all knitting that causes me frustration and started another Child's Placket-necked Sweater. I started the sleeve (because I forgot my other needles) at the Lakeview Library knitting bee where I met Madisonienne and Sweater Girl. Apparently we were also in the same crochet for knitters class but I was too intent on finishing my Knitting Olympics sweater to notice much of anything else. Here's the sleeve and part of the body.I have about 6 inches of the body done now. Sadly, I envisioned my cousin's daughter, Elena, in this for Easter (or would the pastel eggs next to this sweater be too much?) I can't decide if this yarn is ugly but when I asked Lili, who is 8 and 3/4 she said she LOVED it. I guess that's good enough for me! Anyway, I'd have to send it off by Wednesday and that is just not going to happen. I'm actually surprised I got as much done as I did this weekend. We went to the Chazen Museum and made lots of good food (Vietnamese summer rolls, Mmmm!) and went on the first bike ride of the season to Gov. Island. I can't think of many things better than the first spring bike ride. I could live without the sore butt though!

1 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Is it done? How about the gauntlet? I know we're in food cart season, but I'm in suspense over here!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter