Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Felted Happiness

They're still wet, but that hasn't stopped me from wearing them! Yes, I love my new clogs.I mean really, don't you wanna slip your feet into these?! I'm just sad that it took me most of the winter to knit these. I know if I put my mind to it, I could crank a pair of these out in two days but I really hate the pattern. Don't get me wrong, it is a brilliant and well written pattern, it's just no fun to knit. Too bad I've already promised Sam and Lili each a pair.
The funny thing is that I tend to wear socks or slippers around the house because I'm too lazy to sweep often enough to have barefoot worthy floors but now I think I'll have to clean my floors more because I can't stand the thought of the bottoms of these getting all grungy!
To celebrate, I cast on for Samus from Knitty. It became a swatch since I already made a mistake (see the bottom left cables where there are some purls intead of knits?) This is definitely a more involved cable than I am used to. This is 1/2 a pattern repeat that I have to do 8 times (I think). Hmmm... might be a bit too tangy for me right now.
I'm also looking for a lace sock pattern for my dyed yarn. I've been looking online but I don't like any so far. I'm willing to entertain the fact that I just don't like lace socks. Any ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Love the clogs! They are too cute.

I know what you mean about the floors. I hate getting my handmade slippers dirty!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clogs are awesome. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE photocopy the pattern for me- all that extra lopi i've got is calling out to be knitted into clogs! ;)

12:31 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

Allison- Thanks! What slipper pattern do you use?

Sue- I'll get you one, don't worry!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter