Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fug this yarn!

I know there are bargains to be had when buying yarn online but I've stayed away from ebay and other sources because I don't want to be tempted into spending money I don't have and after my first (and only) online yarn buying adventure, I am very skeptical of how the colors will look in real life. Here's a photo of the yarn that fooled me.

I know. It's bad. On the computer this looked like gorgeous hand-dyed sock yarn in shades of green and some purple. Okay, I guess the hand dying is the part I should have stayed away from. But the thing I can't understand to this day is that if you made something this ugly would you SELL it to someone? I'm thinking I'll re-dye it one of these days. I wish whoever made it had thought of that.

2 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Surely it'll be perfect for something? Hrm. I just looked at it again. I think re-dyeing is the way to go :)

7:22 AM  
Blogger leedav said...

Looks like blogging is good for me. I don't know how long I would have left that yarn if I hadn't pulled it out to blog about it! It's newly dyed and drying now. It looks really dark but anything will be an improvement.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter