Thursday, March 09, 2006

I could just cry.


I'm very unhappy with my knitting since the KOlympics. I finished one clog but no matter how badly I want to wear the finished clogs, I can't convince myself to cast on for the second. This feels strange since I've never been known to have Second Sock Syndrome. I am working on gauntlets and finally slogged through and finished the 1st one this morning. I discovered I am not a fan of knitting fingerholes and while I am reasonably happy with how it turned out, I am not looking forward to the second one. Gaaaahhhh! Two unfinished sets! It's funny how your tolerance for mistakes is directly correlated with how many times you've already ripped it out trying to make it look better. It looks fine on my hand but I couldn't get a good picture.

In the downtime I have been swatching for multiple new projects (guess I learned my lesson after all!) and dreaming of the yarn I would buy if only I were richer. Note to self- it's not a good idea to browse internet yarn stores when even good deals on yarn are too expensive at the moment. It just makes you feel bad. As does knitting with crap yarn because that's all you have in your stash. Acrylic feels yucky. There's no going back.
I've also been dreaming of a career change so I can afford all the expensive yarn my heart desires (throw in some sheep and alpacas, oh and a spinning wheel too please!) I'll keep dreaming until my knitting becomes satisfying again. I guess that's all you can do...

Note to Sue- the orange yarn is for Emma's hat. The pattern is actually for a bunny hat but I don't think it'll be hard to modify the ears into kitty ears and the face looks more like a kitty anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks cool- it's hard to tell exactly what color orange the yarn is, but i'm sure i'll love it. Can't wait to see the finished hat.

2:18 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

This is why I don't knit things in pairs as a general rule. When I'm doing a sweater, I hate doing one sleeve and then having to do the same thing again (so I do both at once), so I'm sure I would have terrible Second Sock Syndrome. Hang in there!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter