Monday, February 27, 2006

Golden Moment



Saturday, February 25th
10:00-12:00- Took "Crochet for Knitters" at LYS.
1:00- Return home and start working on crocheting the border with fuzzy mohair.
2:00- Give up and try crocheting a border with the sweater yarn.
3:00- Realize with the smooth crocheted border I may be able to use the mohair.
3:30- Call in to work and find out that I don't have to work that night. Shout with
joy.
5:15- Finish the border and sew on buttons.
5:30- Model sweater for Sam. He says "You're an Olympian!" and I jump up and
down singing the Olympic anthem at the top of my lungs and wipe away the
tears in my eyes.

Okay, I guess I am a total dork. We even went out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate. I don't care if it's dorky. We all need more reasons to celebrate in this life!
Thanks to Yarn Harlot for imagining this thing. I feel like my knitting is on a whole new level now. I have confidence that I could make anything if I really wanted to and it wouldn't take forever either! See y'all in 4 years...

2 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

There's nothing wrong with being a dork : ) You just have to embrace it, then you transcend it and become cool. I think.

Lovely sweater! Congrats!

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks great! Congratulatiohs! I can't wait to see it on you.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter