Sunday, March 19, 2006

Happy accident


These mittens are from the first Stitch'n Bitch book which was the first knitting book I bought. Owning this book improved my knitting because it helped me learn how to fix mistakes on my own and it inspired me to move beyond scarfs. For these mittens, I used the yarn called for in the book (Montera and GGH).
One of these ended up in the wash and accidentally felted. I felted the second to match and I actually like them better now. The weave is obviously tighter so the wind can't get in. I had enough leftover yarn to make a neck warmer and I like it so much I tend to wear it around the house.
It appears as though I'm over my second item syndrome since I've cast on for both my second felted clog and the gauntlet. Sadly, I had to rip out the bunny/kitty hat. Even the lady at the knitting store couldn't figure out why I was 10 stitches short. It might be the pattern. Grrrr...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Oda said...

Hi Lee!

you're the first asian i've heard of that knits! you are too cool!

anyways, being in L.A., where its so freakin' trendy and pretentious, not too many people knit or do anything that takes an ounce of time or energy. we're all lazy asses over here and just try to buy it at local store.

people in the central states are so much nicer than peeps here.

keep on knittin'!

6:35 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

Hey! Sorry to disappoint but I'm not Asian. If you check out my flickr photos there are a few of me in there. I'm curious about the Asian non-knitting thing though. What kind of hand crafts do Asians do? And why not knitting?

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bummer about the kitty hat, but i'm sure it'll work out at some point.
Also, I prefer the mittens felted too. They look like they'd be a lot warmer.

6:17 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

You are just all about design features when you follow patterns!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter