Sunday, April 02, 2006

Wish me luck...

It seems to be a pattern for me. I go along patiently working on a project. Usually several at once, actually, so that I can work on another when I inevitably get stuck on the first one. Then, at some point in the pattern, and I never know when this will happen, I am gripped with the desire to see the finished object and I feverishly finish the rest in one sitting. That happened today while working on my second felted clog. I was having fun ogling other people's yarn stashes (April 1st was flash your stash day) and listening to my favorite knitting podcast (it's Cast On if you were wondering) and I HAD TO FINISH THE CLOG! You see, I have so many things that I am dying to start. So even though it was no fun, I got it done. Here they are unfelted.
I'm off to Molly's house now use her free washer and dryer. I've never felted anything before. Cross your fingers for me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roxy said...

Felting can be scary the first time. I always stay close to the washer. Don't worry they'll turn out.

8:21 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Good luck with the felting! I love the colors of your clogs. Could the gauntlets be next?

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love the pattern for these clogs. If you think of it, could you photocopy the pattern for me?

5:09 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

sweater girl- It was scary but oh so fun!

allison- I hate to say it but the gauntlet might have to wait until next year. The only thing that might save it is that I really need the needles it is on and I'd feel like a loser moving it onto waste yarn!

Sue- You can't really photocopy it because it's on colored paper. Tell me when you plan on knitting it and you can borrow it. I probably won't get to Sam and Lili's clogs for a long time. Or I can pick you up a pattern at Lakeside.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter