Saturday, March 25, 2006

New and improved

I know it may not look like it to you but it's really my fault as a photographer and not that of the yarn. Trust me when I say that the yarn is now a lovely shade of evergreen and I am really quite pleased with it. When it was wet it looked black and I got nervous but it is perfect. Since it seemed like a waste to dump out the dye, I decided to throw in some white shirts that had a few stains on them. I like the color but I probably should have done only one. They were kind of cramped in the pot and the dye is not very even. I may dye them again but I'll probably be lazy and wear them as is. I have been avoiding dyeing because it seemed really messy and time consuming but I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it is. It would probably take a lot of practice before you could actually get an outcome that you planned for but part of the fun is the adventure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you had a happy ending for your yarn. It's amazing what a little change of color can do for a bad hank.

6:42 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I'm glad I got to see one of your dyed shirts in person :) I love the color...what are you going to make with it?

3:26 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

elizabeth- Thanks! Yeah, I see more dyeing in my future!

allison- I'm thinking some socks with a lace pattern. I haven't done lace before and I think a solid color will show it off better.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter