Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I just want this to be over.

I have actually been doing some knitting. I am up to the gusset on the second gauntlet and now I am regretting not whipping this out right after finishing the first one. The problem? I don't remember what I did! You'd think that if you followed a pattern, they'd both come out the same. Unfortunately, the gusset uses two different increase methods and I'm not sure if I followed it right and now the second doesn't match. Grrrr... Here's the photographic evidence:

So the increases on the top gauntlet made a hole while the ones on the bottom make a bar (like a purl stitch). The two called for in the instructions are the backward loop method and the lifted increase(which I think is the same as an M1). The thing is, I was doing the backward loop on the bottom gauntlet because that's what I thought I used for the top one but it is making a bar like an M1 should, right? Does any of this make sense? I'm hoping so because I need HELP! Here are my two questions:
1) What increase should I use to match the ones in the first gauntlet?
2) What method should I use to frog? Pull out the needles and rip back because the yarn is pretty sticky and won't unravel out of control or stick neddles in the row I want to rip back to and then pull it out? Thanks in advance for your advice.

2 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Hmmm. A lifted increase is the one where you knit into the stitch below, then into the stitch on the needle (not an m1, which is between the stitches). Montse Stanley and I think that's the way to go, as it won't make a bar. But can you do a close-up of the increase you're trying to copy? I'm having trouble telling if that's for sure what you did.

As long as your yarn is sticky enough, I'd just rip back. But I've also been known to be a little nuts that way :)

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

8:00 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Hey, how are the gauntlets doing? I'm so glad I was around to be totally not helpful :)

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter