Sunday, January 14, 2007

You call yourself a knitter?


This was supposed to be the year of the knitted Christmas gift but I failed miserably. I really wanted to finish my mom's Bristow considering I've been working on it for the better part of a year. Sadly, all the parts are done but I have only sewn half of it together. Then I still have to do the button bands. Sometime in mid-December, I decided it was foolish to focus on the sweater since my mom was in an RV somewhere in California and I wasn't going to see her for the Holidays anyway.
I promised Sam a pair of felted clogs many moons ago. The Fiber Trends pattern is fairly quick but you do have to pay attention. This is not my strong suit. Of course I screwed things up. I somehow knit the soles together the wrong way so now the working needle is on the inside and I can't continue on with the bumper. DOH! This was so disheartening that I cast them aside and began a gift for Lili. I figured she's 9 and would care the most about receiving a finished item for X-mas. I cranked out Nautie in 2 days. It is by far the cutest knit yet.
Sam's sisters got gift certificate's for a knitted item of their choice so it looks like I'll be doing my Christmas knitting for a long time to come!

2 Comments:

Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I'm still not done with my Christmas knitting, either. Don't feel bad :)

Glad you're still posting here! Nautie looks fantastic.

4:23 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

Thanks for continuing to check in Allison! Hopefully I'll have a few FO's in the near future.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter