Thursday, February 15, 2007

I wish I liked this pattern.


The FO is well worth having but the pattern is a pain in the a**. It's a Fiber Trends pattern and I have no problem with the way it is written. It's just fiddly and you have to pay attention and knitting while holding 2 size 13 needles together is not my idea of fun. If I really put my mind to it, I could probably finish a pair of these over a weekend. I often need to be seperated from the clog that is causing me mental anguish by not cooperating, though, and this pair took 2 months. If I ever conquer my impatience, everyone I love will have a pair of these.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The brown and orange look good together. I guess this means you won't be knitting another pair. Smile.

Can't wait to see your next project.

Knit on!

7:40 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I agree with anonymous!

I love the clogs. If the pattern bugs you, you might try fuzzyfeet from the knitty archive. They're slippers, not clogs, but the pattern is easy and fun, and everyone I gave them to one Christmas loved them. My husband just requested a new pair, as his have worn out in the soles.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently making my second pair and completely agree. It's a well written pattern it just takes a lot of concentration to keep on track especially the soles! It's a nicer looking slipper than fuzzy feet so I feel the extra attention is worth it - just not a good patern to knit at knit night!

12:13 PM  
Blogger leedav said...

Latoya- Sam picked the colors and I was sceptical but I really like how they came out.

Allison- There's something about fuzzyfeet that I don't like as much. I'm a big fan od slip-on anything!

Jess- I know!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter
Free Hit Counter